Friday, September 30, 2011

In Need of Clarity

I love rain...

watching it

listening to it

knowing that God ordained it.

It's raining right now and as I listen, it reminds me that He is in control. Truly, when it storms, that is what I think of: how neat it is that He is causing it to happen. Not a second too soon, not a second too late, but exactly when and how He wants it. The wind blows at the speed He calls it. The rain falls as much or as little as He wants. So neat, so neat that I can fully rest in His arms.. in the midst of any storm. Or presently, all the circumstances that make an adoption come together.

Oh, may I not be like the disciples- frantically waking Christ with worries that He was not taking perfect care of their circumstance. So often that's what happens, isn't it?

I have delayed writing because things keep changing and so far, by God's grace, I have had sweet peace, knowing He is in perfect control.  However, I have to admit that the past couple of weeks have been hard.

Lifeline let us know that we do not make enough extra income per month (in their opinion) to support another child. This was a let down, but just another door closed- one that God ordained. Though I was truly thankful He had answered (as I prayed He would), I was sad. This time was harder than the rest for some reason.

God has been teaching me something lately that I'm embarrassed to say I haven't quite looked at in the exact light before. He's been teaching me that it's not necessarily about the specific circumstances, but rather the journey. To read more about this, click here.

We do have some new doors that seem to be opening, but we are still waiting. Waiting to wake up and hear Him say, "Now." If and/or when that happens is for Him to know and us to learn.

Pray with us. Pray for clarity. 

----------------
On a different note, I do have some good news! The ladies Pampered Chef Fundraising Event is October 22nd from 10-12pm. We are serving brunch, hot tea, coffee and juice! There will be door prizes too! Thanks to a sweet lady, Kimberly Pope, we have some fun things planned. 

Come, hear our story, eat, fellowship, shop for those soon-to-be-needed Thanksgiving and Christmas kitchen accessories as well as presents, and support the AMAZING cause of bringing an orphan home.

If you aren't in the Huntsville area, you can still order from this event and a percentage will go to our fund! If you are interested, go here and *be sure to look me up as a host* before placing an order.

Thank you in advance, for all of you who will come with loving hearts to this event (whether you purchase or not) to support us!
--------------

Above all, please pray. Pray that our ears, eyes, and hearts will be open to what God is teaching us. Pray that we will know, beyond a shadow of a doubt the direction He would have us take (even if that direction is to take many roads before getting to the destination). This is the journey. May I persevere to the end; may I end well. I will say, no matter where I am, the journey is good. So, so good.

Thanks be to our God.

Kimberly

1 comment:

  1. Prayerful. Always prayful for you on this journey. I know it isn't always easy and definitely not always clear. God is sovereign.

    ReplyDelete