Sunday, November 11, 2012

Mere musings

Dear friends,

It's been a while since I've written on here--I've let Kimberly handle most of the more recent blog posts.  It's been an exciting few weeks with the news of the twins, and we are just praying that everything moves rapidly in both governments so we can fly over there soon.  We picked out names this week, and we'll share them with you soon.

The direction of this post will be more centered on a blog post I read from desiringgod.org this morning. While there was nothing necessarily new or profound that was presented, it was a sweet and timely reminder of the impact that we as leaders/parents/teachers have on our children/students/pupils.  So often, as that article explained, we are encouraged to focus on how much we are growing individually, and as long as we feel like we are moving forward, or standing our ground against sin, etc., then that's enough.  However, the truth is that faith is so much more than me or you getting to the end of our lives and feeling good about what we've accomplished (or even what God has done through us).  What legacy did we leave?  What advice or truths did we instill in the people that continue living out the faith after us?

That's the challenge for me as I chew on these questions.  Yes, my faith is important for me, but it's so much bigger than that.  If I do nothing to pass on that faith intentionally to others, then am I giving up before the job is done?

Oh, may we not waste the opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment